Sunday 18 August 2013

My 2 Cents


I am in the best mood I’ve been in since getting back from my trip. Not sure if I’m just finally caught up on sleep or what it is but today was a fabulous day. Had a decent day at work, a killer work out, did some DIY crafts and of course, Kardashians are on every Sunday night. HATE ALL YOU WANT, IT WON’T CHANGE MY MIND. Anyhoo, I thought I would write today about some of my "secret weapons" that I FEEL have done wonders for my bod, my legs in particular. First is, my stair master workout. I totally understand that climbing stairs for long periods of time can get extremely boring, SO, something I’ve come up with is a good way to mix it up a bit so you don’t get discouraged. Make sure you have a killer playlist that is going to get you pumped and keep your spirits up. I’m sure every machine is different but I set mine so that I’m doing 50-55 steps a minute. *TIP-always enter your weight when you can, that way your calorie tracker is more accurate. So here’s how it goes…

1st song-regular stair climbing

2nd song-sideways climbing (be careful, don’t trip) this works your outer ass area (saddlebags)

3rd song-switch sides and climb the other way

4th song-wide step climb, you will probably feel like a gorilla but DO IT, it works the inner thighs

5th song-skip a step, this will work the deep core of your butt cheeks, you know, dat bootay

This will take you about 20 minutes (give or take). Do it three times and that’s an hour on the stair master. You will burn about 1000 calories & be soaked in sweat. Also, I always see people leaning on the hand rails because they are too tired…this is just making your work out WEAK. Buck up and keep your weight in your lower body, don’t be a sissy.

The next one is also a good one for thighs/butt. At my gym we have Free Motion treadmills that go up to a 30% incline, most treadmills only go to ten. If you don’t have a Free Motion, just use a regular treadmill, your intervals will just be shorter but it will be (about) the same.

0% @ speed 4 for 3 minutes

3% @ 3.8 for 3 minutes

6% @ 3.6 for 3 minutes

9% @ 3.4 for 3 minutes

(are you catching on?)

12% @ 3.2 for 3 minutes

15% @ 3.0 for 3 minutes

18% @ 2.8 for 3 minutes

(you should be DYING by now)

21% @ 2.6 for 3 minutes

24% @ 2.4 for 3 minutes

27% @ 2.2 for 3 minutes

30% @ 2.0 for 3 minutes

*try sooo hard not to hang on to the handles or rail-
pump your arms like crazy!

Now, reverse. Lower your incline and up your speed in the same increments, all the way back down. This too will burn roughly 1000 calories and you will be able to feel your thunder thighs melt away J

It’s only a one hour work out. ONE HOUR. 4% of your entire day.
 
I don't know about you, but I want an ASS like this...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment