Thursday 23 May 2013

Don't Be Afraid To Try Something New



Don’t be scared to try new things. Whether it be a group exercise class, a certain machine or something you might think is too hard. These three things LOOK scary (or at least I think so) but they are some of my favourite machines to utilize in my work outs. 

-The one on the left is called the AbCore. I think it looks like a giant spider, but it works. It triggers all your abdomen muscles, high & low. You can throw weights on the back to increase the intensity. I use 25lb weights and do 5 sets of 10, and I want to cry after.
-The middle one is the CrossArc. It’s like the bad ass version of the elliptical. Regular ellipticals make my toes go numb and it just doesn’t feel like a fulfilling workout. This little contraption takes ellipticals to a whole new level. You can increase the incline and the resistance so that it feels like you are trenching up a mountain of mud, resulting in a kick butt cardio workout. One hour on this baby and I can burn about 800 calories.
-The one on the right is my new favourite discovery J I don’t know what its official name is but I call it the Rope Climber. It’s a stationary version of climbing a rope. You can crank the resistance to a high level to get it as close to the real thing as possible. I do 5, 1 minute intervals and it has really helped with my upper body strength. 
Benefits of Muscle Confusion
Proponents of the method claim that muscle confusion promotes slow, steady muscle growth. The system allows you to continually overload the muscles and defeat the plateau effect. Furthermore, muscle confusion prevents boredom, which in turn increases the likelihood that participants will stick with their fitness program.
Another new thing I tried today was our Body Combat class. I never get to take it because of my work schedule but today it worked out. It was a 30 minute class, which was good ‘cause I dragged my Mum along. Don’t let the shorter-than-normal time frame lower your opinion of this class. It was still brutal and I will, without a doubt, feel it tomorrow and many more days to come. I love working out new muscles group and challenging my body. After Body Combat, I did CXWORX, which is a 30 minute core class. My core muscles were so fatigued from Body Combat that this class was ridiculously painful. Again, I will feel it tomorrow.



Make me laugh, I dare you -_-


No comments:

Post a Comment